Thursday, August 30, 2007

Interesting read - Drug Test

I’m not sure if this article is common knowledge or not, but it’s new to me and I found it pretty damn interesting.

It was written in 2003, and it’s about a guy who appears to have been a pretty reasonable ultra-distance cyclist, who decided to experiment with performance enhancing drugs. Not to win a race or cheat; but to have the experience and to fulfil a host of questions he had about the physiological effects and performance gains that can result. He spent 8 months “on the junk” and tells all.

It’s one of those things that I might think “what if”, but would never contemplate going through with. Scary stuff!


Read it here:

Drug Test

2 comments:

Komo said...

Oh My God!

That is an amazing story, after reading it, did you feel compelled to get on any of "the stuff".

You'd need to rob a bank, lots of $$$$$.

Cheers
Komo

James Duncan said...

Well, the HGH sounds pretty harmless...

I remember a friend of mine being interested in it a while back. I told him it makes your ears and teeth grow extra big... He decided against it :) Amazing about the scars and eyesight.

I'm too poor to get one dose of anything.