Friday, May 18, 2007

Ironman training in the dark

Had a good run this evening. I'm starting to get the hang of running in the dark. I have given up on running out towards the country on the road, it's just too dangerous. I don't particularly like running on the busier streets around where I live but its lighter and the footpath is reasonably flat most of the time. I am getting sick of trying see my watch using street-lights, or the light on my watch and I am hatching a plan for attaching a light to my running cap somehow. It will have to be done in such way that it is, comfortable, helpful with seeing where I'm going and seeing my watch and most importantly that I don't look like a git. Tough criteria I know but I have a few ideas in mind. I will keep you updated.

Tomorrow is my second Saturday Morning Brick Session, I'm looking forward to it and hope I can get my nutrition a little more on track and not suffer from leg cramps. I haven't managed to pick up the magnesium supplements I plan to start using due to financial difficulties, but hopefully I'll get it for next week.

I am running the Williamstown Half Marathon next weekend, which should be a good tester for me. I am a bit nervous, as I have not competed in anything since December last year and I am feeling the pressure of seeing results from my Ironman training over the last 3-4 months. I know that it is going to be part of my Ironman training and I won't be tapering or easing up my training for it, but I would still like to run a good time. We will see I guess...

No comments: