Sunday, April 8, 2007

Free online training diary

I have found a great online tool that I think will benefit my Ironman training and may help yours, an impressive online training diary at just the right price.... free!

I have been searching for an online training diary for some time; this was part of the reason Ironman Cafe was born. Well, I just stumbled across a cool little site that I had to share, Buckeye Outdoors Training Site allows you to log your workouts for free! You can include run/walk, bike, swim, strength sessions, stretching sessions, rest days, races, heartrates and weather conditions among other things. You can create and save different training routes, save equipment profiles (keeping track of how far your equipment has gone as well as how far you have). You can also create reports of different aspects of your training. My favorite feature, which I am sure all you other blogging triathletes/ironpersons will love is the ability to display your training totals in a side bar on your blog. As you can see to the right hand side below my archived posts. Go check it out, whether you blog or not it is a cool little tool. Keeping a diary of your training can be both a great learning tool and a strong source of motivation. You can look for patterns in your training as well as getting the great feeling of writing down or inputting the latest “thrash” session into your diary for all (or just yourself) to admire.

No comments: