Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Recovery swim for my weary body

I was prescribed a sleep in this morning , I didn't have to get up till 7:15am, Yes!

My body was particularly weary from yesterdays run technique session, in which I developed some concerning quad pain and last nights long run interval set of hell.

I tried to stretch as much as possible today which seemed to help. I think I will look into a sports massage in the next week or so. I was having them regularly before relocating to Australia two month ago from New Zealand, and when funds permit I will continue that. There was an article on the Inside Triathlon website recently, that discussed the benefits of massage for triathletes.

Tonight I swam an easy 2km with some drills included, it was nice and relaxing and I feel like most of the aches have resolved themselves. Swimming is a great recovery activity, if you can slot in easy swim I think it is often better than straight rest. I recommend using an easy couple of kms swimming as an active recovery.

No comments: