Monday, April 30, 2007

Insomnia and early squad sessions

Man I'm tired. For some reason unknown to me I woke up this morning at 3:45am and couldn't get back to sleep. I had to be up by 4:45am to go to swim squad, so I lay there for an hour thinking how much it sucked that I had to get up so early. Squad training was tough, we've done a fair bit of speed work lately and today the coach wanted to see how/if our endurance had held up through it. We did sets of 25m sprints followed by 10 x 100m on the 1:30. This was no problem, but it didn't end there, we then did the same set twice more, but with the 100m on the 1:25 instead. It hurt and I blew up at some point and lost count and when you lose count in a big set like that it just adds to the misery. Because not only are you hurting like hell, you have no idea when it is going to end. You just look at the people around you silently pleading that they don't push off for the next repeat. It is a great feeling when it done though.

No comments: