Saturday, April 14, 2007

Three run Saturday is over, off to bed before long ride Sunday

Oooweee! my legs are shattered. Three run Saturday is a long day.

With a combined total of three hours of running over the course of the day I'm feeling beat. It might not sound like much to you, but coming to the end of a tough three weeks, I'm hurting. Its great!

This morning was a 80min run, mainly intervals. I felt surprisingly good and in the middle was surprised to feel great even. The midday run was just over an hour with some more intervals and some 50m run throughs. They hurt like a sore thing. My quad is still giving me grief and the stretching out during the run throughs seems to bring it on. To finish the day off was a half hour run with a couple of intervals and some easy jogging.

This was another of those days that I was happy to see the end of but patted myself on the back for getting through.

The reasoning behind "three run Saturday" as I have named it, is that I can build up my running volume without going out for insane long runs. These three shorter runs will be combined later in the season to become one huge long beast of a run. Can't wait.... I'm off too bed, Starting my four hour long ride at 5:45am tomorrow.

No comments: